Thursday, June 4, 2009

Jones Hole Fish Hatchery

We went down to the Jones Hole Fish Hatchery the other day for some great fun! The kids got to see the fish hatchery and feed the fish. We timed it good and got to see one of their trucks come in and suck all the fish up into it to transport them to wherever they were going. The scenery was beautiful (it reminded me of Zion's National Park) and we had a picnic on the grass. Despite being eaten alive by mosquitos, we stayed with our friend Carrie Johnson's family and went fishing after lunch. I don't know much about fishing, so I was glad to have their help. Both Jaylee and Kaysen bumped up against a plant we weren't too familiar with and they were both crying and freaking out. Kaysen's arm and Jaylee's leg both filled with these little swollen spots that made it look like they got bit by something, but it was from the plant. Luckily it didn't last too long. We took pictures of the plant and took some of the leaves and put them in a bag just in case I had to take them into the doctor, but luckily they were fine an hour later.
The stream was definitely more for fly fishing, but the kids still had fun holding their poles in it and practicing casting. It was a fun day and the kids have been talking about it ever since.

Pictures in no particular order:










See below plant photo....



Bad Plant- Don't touch this! (I think it's stinging nettle?)







8 comments:

Heaton Family said...

Look at his arm!! Ah, thats scary.. Must have been like poison ivy or something?? Anyway looks like a fun day! Your such a fun mom!

Chelsea said...

This looks great! We have never done a hatchery! And that view is breathtaking. So pretty. And that bad plant... OUCHY! poor little arm, unsuspecting! Really looks like great fun!

Richins Family said...

How fun! I love the summer, it's fun to get out and do stuff. Your kids look like they are having a lot of fun!

Sarah Jimenez said...

Your are a brave momma! What a fun outing though. I am quite sure Rylee would have probably ended up in the water... That was a brutal plant. I am glad the bumps cleared up on their own. I can't believe how tall Jaylee is!

Unknown said...

I wish that we were able to make it to the hatchery! Addison LOVES it up there! It looks like you guys had a good time! Hopefully, VMG will do it again and we'll be able to go!

Clarissa said...

Yup, that's stinging nettle all right! Poor kids!! I can't believe that Jaylee is missing teeth! How are all these kids getting so big! It looks like you guys had a really fun outing. You are a brave women taking those kids out. I bet they had a blast.

chelsea mckell said...

Dang it - just when I leave, you guys do the fun activities
:)
jk. Great pics. Esp Rylan with the pole - your kids are adooooorable

Cyndi said...

It looks like you guys had a good time. OUCH!! that plant looks like a nasty one, poor little guy! I haven't even been anywhere(in the mtns.) yet this year so hopefully we will get out soon!!