This is what happens when you have a little Kaycer Racer (Kaysen's nickname) living with you!
I didn't get this picture til after his nap, but his poor foot was cut up pretty bad, all the way from front to back.
First Aid supplies are a good thing to have on hand when you have little monkeys at home!
I was cooking lunch a few weeks ago and Kaysen was following me around the kitchen like he always does. When I opened the fridge, he of course was right behind me and he grabbed the glass bottle of hot sauce out of one of the condiment trays and I just heard it drop to the ground and break. I hurried and looked at what he had done and grabbed him up off the floor because I could see the broken glass all over. I guess he must have taken a small step before I grabbed him though because he had about 20 little pieces of glass in his foot. Anyways, he was crying hysterically and his foot was bleeding really bad, so I had to keep it in the sink while I was using the tweezers to get all the glass out. I was debating whether to take him to the ER, but I was pretty sure I got all the glass out and the cuts didn't seem to be too deep, so I just took care of it at home. Poor kid! He was exhausted by the time I was done. I felt so bad and also felt bad because the kids were so hungry and I just had to turn the stove off and forget about lunch and take care of Kaysen. I took him and snuggled him in his blanket for a while and he was falling asleep, so I put him down for a nap.
I had done my insulin shot before all of this happened because we were planning on eating lunch any minute, so by this time, since I had the insulin in my system and hadn't eaten, my blood sugar must have been pretty low and I felt like I was going to faint, so I hurried and got a simple lunch made for Jaylee, Bretten, and me. I wasn't looking forward to cleaning up the big mess of hot sauce and glass anyways, so I guess I didn't mind putting it off for a little bit while I got other things taken care of. It took a lot of paper towels and cleaner to get that mess up and there were dabs of red hot sauce and little broken pieces of glass in every corner of the kitchen and all over my cupboards! What a nightmare! I learned my lesson though and put all the glass bottles up higher in the fridge. Kaysen wasn't very comfortable walking on his foot for a few days, but he seems to be doing fine now, thank goodness! What a day that was!
1 comment:
Ouch! Poor Kaysen. I'm glad you posted this! I just checked my fridge and put all the glass up higher too.
Post a Comment