Monday, October 20, 2008

Corn 'Maize' and Pumpkin Patch

We went to the amazing Bluebell Corn Maze over the weekend and had a lot of fun. We had never been to the one in this area and didn't quite know what to expect, so we were pleasantly surprised! It is a lot more than just a corn maze! We got to take a hay-ride to the pumpkin patch where the kids picked out pumpkins. Kaysen's favorite thing was feeding the goats. Every time we tried to get him to go to another activity, he'd scream and cry! He wanted to stay and feed the goats all night! Jaylee and Bretten wore themselves out doing all the other fun activities! They had a 'corn'-box, a cow train (where the four-wheeler hauls around those little barrels they can sit in), a hay jump with a slide, lots of other fun slides, a digging area, and mini corn mazes for the kids. It was quite chilly once the sun went down, but they had hot chocolate and hot dogs to buy and that kept the kids happy. It was a really fun night and I'm glad I was able to talk Jason into taking us!


This is the actual maze! Pretty amazing huh?!


Jaylee and Bretten playing on the slides and hay jump! I think this was their favorite!


Jaylee, Bretten, and Kaysen feeding the goats!


Kaysen doesn't look so happy here, but he couldn't get enough of these goats. He wasn't scared at all and kept putting his fingers up to their mouths and they would lick him trying to find food and he absolutely loved it!


Jaylee and Bretten in the 'Corn-box'!


Bretten making a 'corn angel'!


Jaylee and Jason on the Hay Ride.


I know it's blurry, but it's the only one I got of them together on the hay ride!


Bretten and Kaysen looking for the perfect pumpkin! Bretten just wanted to make sure the top of his had the green stem part and the bigger the stem, the better!


Jaylee loved all the little 'baby' pumpkins!


Kaysen enjoying himself!


Jason trying to make sure Kaysen wasn't going to fall too hard and Bretten just enjoying his 'la-la corn maze land'!


Kaysen running around on the hay. He had fun making Jason and me chase after him!


Bretten coming off the slide! Seeing that smile makes all the chaos worth it!

8 comments:

Taylors said...

That looks so fun! I can't believe how many different things there were to do....people are so creative! Your kids are getting so big! I hope you are feeling ok.

Sarah Jimenez said...

That looks like the funnest place! It reminds me a place my parents used to take us to each year in Cali. They had a haunted tunnel for the kids to climb through, it was always the highlight of our halloween. So much fun! Your kids are so cute, and are getting so big! I hope that you are doing good.

Brenny said...

How fun! Kaysen is so brave to let the goats lick his fingers. Goats make me nervous. Such a great family activity!

Clarissa said...

Wow! That looks like TONS of fun!! Hope you are doing well. It was great to see you when you were in Cedar.

The Robinson's said...

Looks like a sweet place. If we lived closer we would have to go check it out! Your kids are as cute as ever. Hope you guys have a great Halloween:)

Cari said...

I miss your kidlings!!! It looks like they had fun. We will have to come maybe next year for fall break and go with you, except I don't know if I could keep track of 5 mobile kids by myself. I'm glad you got out to do something fun.

Cyndi said...

Looks Like tons of fun! I love pumpkin patches they are always so fun. Plus they set off the busy holiday season I think. Fun Fun Fun

Jessica said...

That corn maze really is amazing. Did you get lost? Looks like you had a blast! Hope you have a fun Halloween.