Saturday, January 19, 2008
Our Baby is Growing Up!!!
Kaysen turned 1 year old today. I can't believe that he is already getting so big! He is at the cutest stage right now and I honestly wish he could stay this age forever!!! This whole week I have been playing the "One year ago today...." game remembering everything we were doing exactly one year ago as we were preparing for Kaysen to enter into our family. It has been a lot of fun remembering everything! Then today, when it was his birthday it was a bit emotional thinking about everything we were going through exactly 1 year ago! It was such a happy day having him here finally, but it was also one of the hardest and most emotional days of our lives not knowing if he was going to be okay. For those of you who don't know, when Kaysen was born, he had a pneumothorax (collapsed lung) along with pneumonia, a heart murmur and very low blood sugars and had to be life flighted to the Flagstaff NICU. I was recovering from a C-section in the Page Hospital and wasn't able to go with him until a few days later, but Jason was able to go with him. It was definitely a trying time for us, but we are so glad he pulled through it and was able to come home on oxygen after a few weeks. Kaysen has always been our little fighter and the fact that we went through all of that with him makes today even more special. We are so thankful that Kaysen made it through those first few hard weeks and is here to celebrate his 1'st Birthday today!!! We Love You sooooo much Kaysen! Happy Birthday little buddy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Happy Birthday Kaysen! All of your kids birthdays are right by christmas. That must be hard deciding what they need. Anika's birthday isn't until Feb and I feel like she just got everything she could ever need for christmas. Anyway, I am so glad Kaysen is healthy now.
Happy Birthday Kaysen! He is such a cutie, Cherish! He looks and sounds like such a happy and good baby! I am also glad that he is healthy and doing so well.
Post a Comment