Yesterday Jaylee was trying to be very independent and wanted to peel her orange all by herself, so I let her give it a try. Well, about half way through peeling it her poor cuticles and fingernails were stinging from the citrus juice of the orange. I took over for her and while I finished peeling the orange, Jaylee said "Why does the Orange sting me Mom?" I told her that the citrus juice can sting if it gets in your fingernails and she said "Why? Does it get mad or something?"
And, while I'm on the subject of funny things kids say, I've got another story. To understand the humor in this one, you have to know that we often call Jaylee by her nickname, "Bird Bird", which is a weird nickname, but we used to call her Jaybird, and then it just turned into bird bird. So anyways, a few months ago I got a note sent home from school that asked the parents to start practicing recognizing the child's last name when they see it written on paper and start practicing what letters are in it. It had been a while since I talked to Jaylee about her last name, so just to see where she was with all of that, I asked Jaylee if she knew what her last name was and she looked at me with this puzzled look and replied "Bird Bird??" I just burst out laughing because I never realized how confusing we must be as parents when we give our child a nickname. Looks like I have a lot to work on, as far as Jaylee understanding and recognizing her last name.
4 comments:
That's so sweet. They are so pure and innocent! Miss you
That is so funny-I love the things kids say!
Too cute! It's amazing what little one's pick up on and how they apply it in their lives. Priceless..
So cute. I love listening to my kids talk and hearing what they come up with.
Post a Comment