Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I Love a Good Deal!!!

I love finding a bargain and even though it's bad for me sometimes (because I'll buy something just because it's on sale) I really enjoy feeling like I saved money. I remember when my brother took a psychology class in college many years ago and he told me that everyone has at least 3 (or more) mental issues, some more crazy (like schizophrenia, bipolar, etc.)than other issues (like obsessive compulsive disorders, etc.), but we all have them in one form or another. Ever since I heard that though, I find myself always keeping an eye out for what my main 3 'issues' are. Well, I've decided one of my 'issues' is that I love finding a deal. It's like I feel this great accomplishment when I get a bargain or find something I've been needing to buy on clearance. When I go in a store, I usually can't leave without looking through the clearance and sales racks. So, you might think I'm crazy, but that is me! I just wanted to share some of my latest finds though.

*For Blockbuster fans: If you visit http://www.bbgreatgifts.com/ you can enter your email (and your husbands) to win great things. You can enter once each day. I haven't won anything that great, but whether you win or not, it'll send you a coupon for a buy one get one free rental (even good on new releases) or for a free popcorn at your local blockbuster. (I love coupons too!)
*On Walmart's Web Site (www.walmart.com) you can go to the "In Stores Now" option (top right) and under that scroll down to free samples and you can get free samples of different things. They change their samples quite often, so check back. (I'm also a fan of free samples). Or you can just visit this link http://walmart.triaddigital.com/Free-Samples.aspx?fromPageCatId=11
*If you ever shop on-line, you'll notice that at check-out, it usually has a place where you can enter a promotional/coupon code. Well, when you see that, don't think that just because you don't have the magazine or flyer for the store that you have to miss out on the savings. Do a quick internet search, for example if I'm ordering from Kohl's online, I always do a quick search on Google for "Kohls coupon code" or something to that effect and I can always find something for free shipping, or an additional 20% off, etc. It really can save you a lot of money to do a quick simple search for a coupon code. Places like www.couponmountain.com or www.retailmenot.com or www.momsview.com, etc. all have lots of coupon codes.
*I love snapfish.com and lately on Ebay, there have been a lot of auctions for Snapfish prints and you can buy 1000 print credits for like $10.00. That is a crazy price for getting 1,000 pictures developed. Just do a search for 'Snapfish" (shutterfly is also a good search) and you'll find some good coupons that you can buy. You can also find just about any kind of coupons on Ebay. Some of my other favorite coupons from Ebay include 10% off at Lowe's or Home Depot (do a search on Ebay for "Lowes Coupon" or "Home Depot Coupon"...these can save you a ton if you're planning on a big purchase or project! Also, don't throw away those baby formula coupons, or other coupons that you find in your newspapers or mail. You can make some good money off those listing them yourself on Ebay.
*If you're looking to install blinds in your house, don't pay somebody else thousands of dollars to do it. We were given several estimates for blinds when we first moved into our house and I couldn't believe how much they charged. I decided to research prices on-line and found out you can order your own custom blinds. I found a great Website, www.blindchalet.com that let us order free samples of different woods and colors and they send you a coupon with the free samples for 27% off your order if you order through them. Well, we decided to try them and since we didn't know if the blinds were really as good as they sounded (real wood blinds for great prices), we only ordered our upstairs blinds first. We had odd sized windows, so we had everything custom made and they were shipped to us within 2 weeks (it's free shipping too), so we were happy about how fast they were, but we were also very happy about how it all turned out. It took an hour or two for my husband and I to install them ourselves, but it wasn't hard at all and they turned out AWESOME! We immediately ordered blinds to do our main floor. We saved about $1,500 dollars doing it this way versus going with the estimates we were given from others.

Well, I'm sure I could go on and on about my favorite deals, but it's getting late,so I'll just share these for now and hope that somebody gets something out of this blog entry, besides the fact that you all now know one of my 'issues' and think I'm a little bit crazy! :)

4 comments:

The Mayers said...

I also love a good deal. I go to pinchingyourpennies.com all of the time and find out the good deals. Example I did most of my christmas shopping through amazon because they have free shipping and were having a BIG toy sale. I saved about 75% off the retail price.

Jessica said...

I am excited about the coupon code for ordering things on-line! I love getting good deals, but don't always know how to get them. Thanks for sharing.

mommaRx said...

I love this post! I am excited to try the websites- great tips!!

. said...

I'm so impressed! These tips will definitely come in handy! I also love a great deal!