Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Rylan's Birthday

Rylan turned 1 today! I can hardly believe it! This last year has been so amazing...one of the best of my life! I LOVE being a mom and feel so lucky to have 4 wonderful kids. Rylan has added so much to our family. He has been a dream baby. He is so mellow and happy. It worries me a little because Kaysen was a really good baby too, and now he is a terrorizer! haha. It keeps life fun though, so I guess I won't mind too much if he decides to have some rebel stages. Happy Birthday little Ry Ry! We love you soo much!


Rylan and his first birthday cake!


Getting ready for all the excitement of the birthday cake!


Mmmm! He loved it! He didn't really like getting messy and he kept looking at me with this look that was saying "Mom, get this sticky gooey stuff off my hands- I don't like it!", but once I started feeding him with a fork, he decided he LOVED it. He downed it! Being that this was his first experience with sugar, I think he was on a sugar high for quite some time after that!


Chowing Down!


Opening presents!


Playing with the goods.


We were trying to keep Rylan's birthday fairly low-key since we've had sooo many festivities lately...plus it's his first birthday and one of the only ones we will ever get to do 'low-key' for him. Jaylee and Bretten didn't understand this though. They almost didn't believe it was his birthday because we weren't doing anything too exciting. I didn't even wrap the presents or bake the cake until the day of his birthday (which isn't a big deal, but usually I decorate, wrap, bake, etc. the night before so when they come down on the morning of their birthday, it's all decorated and surprising for them...oh how the simple things make a difference I guess!). Anyways- I guess Jaylee and Bretten didn't understand why I hadn't done that for Rylan. After Grandma Jeri called to wish Rylan a happy birthday, they finally believed that it really was! haha. They wanted to know why we weren't going to dinner for Rylan, so at the last minute, we decided to go to Wingers since we had some good coupons there. They had a good time! We love birthdays and love celebrating them...it's just hard when you have all 4 kids' birthdays within 1 1/2 months of Christmas and Thanksgiving. I think I want to start celebrating their birthdays on the half-year mark instead of the actual day....would that work? haha :)


While we were out to eat, Rylan kept putting the celery in his mouth and then moved his hands away and moved his head back and forth while biting down on the celery stick. It was quite funny and he knew it. He was being quite the class clown!

Here are some pictures of Rylan's first year! What a cutie!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe he is one already! Time flies!!! He is a little cutie pie!

The Spencers said...

Happy Birthday Rylan! He's so cute Cherish! I can't believe how fast if goes.

chelsea mckell said...

It's funny how one person's definition of "low-key" is very different from another's.... I think making a big cake and wrapping up presents is totally a big deal! Apparently you've done so much for your kids that now they have set the bar very high :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RYLAN! He really has a great smile.

Sarah Jimenez said...

Cherish! He is so darn CUTE!! Happy Birthday little guy! I agree; you are no low-key birthday thrower. Sounds like a lot of fun!

Richins Family said...

I love the picture with all the kids at the bar eating cake! So cute! He is a handsome little guy!!