Saturday, December 19, 2009

Jaylee's Birthday

I can't believe my little girl is 7!!! Jaylee wanted a birthday party badly this year (since I was ready to give birth at any time, she didn't get a party last year), so I promised I'd give her one this year. She chose a BEAR theme! We have a tradition to decorate the house, so when Jaylee woke up and saw all the decorations, she got really excited. She got to wear a cute little 'Birthday Girl' pin and she was loving that...it was like it made it official that she was the star for the day! For Jaylee's party, we bought some kits to make our own mini build-a-bears. They were a lot of work, but a lot of fun. They all got to stuff them, put a heart in them, sew the bottoms up, decorate the clothes and crowns, fill out birth certificates and name them, etc. It was a blast! We ate pizza, did pin the tail on the donkey, did a bear hunt (tresure hunt), played a fun jenga/flour type game that I remember playing at my parties when I was a kid (I'm lucky my Mom threw me such great parties, because I remember a lot of the fun stuff we did, so there are always tons of ideas). We also did a pinata! All the kids wanted to go, and I assured them they would all get a turn, but to my surprise, the pinata was busted open on the third person...I'm glad they all forgot what I promised as soon as candy and toys were all over the floor! lol! We then opened presents and ate cupcakes! Jaylee got to have a few friends stay and play and she loved that! I think it's safe to say she loved her party. She is such a sweet little girl! She kept telling us thank you all day and I think she felt very loved and special. That's just the way we like it to be on birthdays! We love you so much Jaybird!!!


Jaylee with her cute bear cake she picked out for her party!


Jaylee blowing out her candles later that night on her 'family' cake!


Grandma and Grandpa Crosby's present. She was soo excited, as you can see!


Jaylee opening her presents from family!


All ready for the party!!!


Jaylee was the first one to have a turn at the pinata. I'm glad she got her turn before it broke...on the third persons turn! haha!


Scrambling for the goodies!


Jaylee opening her presents with her very excited guests.


More present opening...


Parker and Jaylee I made everyone get a picture with Jaylee before they got their goody bags to take home. Some of them didn't turn out too great though...so here are a few of them.


Lily and Jaylee


Kortlyn and Jaylee

1 comment:

Heaton Family said...

Aww your kids are growing too fast!! I miss them.. Your so good to throw them amazing birthday parties. Looks like fun!