Sorry for the over-load of pictures!!!
**Dress-Up Days for School: Jaylee had fun dress-up days for school every day this week to celebrate having a drug-free school! They wore their red bracelets every day that showed they choose to "Say No To Drugs!". Bretten got to dress-up every Monday for pre-school during the month of October, but I didn't get any pictures of him except for on his Halloween Party Day!
Bretten wearing his Halloween costume to pre-school! Unlike Jaylee who already gets so into these dress-up days (I can't wait for high school...not!), Bretten has to be talked into wearing anything that is not normal. He cried the morning that I made him wear his police officer costume. I finally convinced him that everybody at pre-school would be wearing their Halloween costumes, but he still wasn't all for it. He finally agree to wear it and be happy about it after I told him I'd take him all the way into his classroom (usually we drop them off at the door and they have a person their to take them inside). He was all smiles once he saw that he wasn't the only one wearing a costume! The other days they dressed up for weren't that big a deal because they were things like wacky sock day and orange and black day, etc.
Jaylee on Wacky Hair Day! She was so proud of this hair-do and was so excited to tell me what all of her friends said about it after school. She is so funny.
Jaylee on Crazy Hat Day, and this was also the day they wore their blue School Spirit shirts! They wear these shirts once a week to celebrate their school pride, and they also earn rewards for wearing them! Jaylee loves it and is always so good to remember when she is suppose to wear it. She'll come downstairs all dressed and ready to go without me even having to tell her to wear her blue shirt!
I had to throw this picture in with these ones too. It's fun to have Bretten and Kaysen alone for a few hours on the days when only Jaylee has school. Of course we miss Jaylee, but it's fun to just have the boys sometimes too!
**Carving Pumpkins:
Kaysen, Jaylee, and Bretten Carving Pumpkins!
Jaylee and Bretten with their finished products, with help from Mom and Dad, of course! Someday maybe we'll be a little more creative, but we'll enjoy these times when our kids think we're amazing pumpkin carvers!
**We had a few different Park Days this week and are so glad it has been nice enough weather to still enjoy the outdoors! We met this group in Vernal called the Vernal Mom's Group and it has been so awesome because we haven't really met very many people since we've been here and since joining this group, we've made a lot of friends and have met more people the last few months than we did in the whole last year! Anyways, we did the park days as activities for the group...fun fun!!:
Jaylee and Bretten playing with the other kids in the play group!
Bretten picking grass for his bird's nest.
Jaylee stopping for a picture and a drink!
Kaysen climbing UP the slide! He's getting pretty good at it!
Kaysen usually goes right off the slide when he goes down! What a cutie!
Best Buds- Bretten and Kaysen
Scaring Mom by standing right on the edge. He loves to do this because he knows it gets my attention...what a little stinker!
**Decorating Sugar Cookies- One of the kids' favorite Holiday traditions:
I think Bretten was a little excited to taste this one!!!
Jaylee loved decorating and eating her cookies!!!
Bretten loved decorating too! His cookies looked like a mess to me when he was all finished, but to him, they're exactly what he wanted. He put so much thought into every single thing he did to them.
Jaylee with a finished pumpkin!
I should've got a picture of the finished product, but oh well! We just wanted to remember how much fun we had "Booing" some neighbors. We got "booed" the day before we had planned to make cookies, so it worked out nice because we were able to take some of the cookies and other treats to "boo" some others. This is kind of a new thing to us the last few years, but we enjoy it and it's fun to do something nice for others at Halloween!
**This was on Wednesday at the library story time and costume parade. We met up with some other friends and had lots of fun trick-or-treating through the county buildings. They have so many great activities here!:
The kids with some of their friends!
Jaylee and Bretten giving me the best smiles they could...since I made them look right into the sun!
Kaysen Trick-or-Treating! This was definitely his favorite part of Halloween. He was so funny though because he always got the treat, but then wanted to hand it back to them or give it to some other random kid.
**And finally Halloween 2008:
Jaylee and Bretten at the very end of the night! What a long and exciting day!
This is how Kaysen looked for the first half-hour or so every time I made him put his costume on. I was worried he wouldn't dress-up at all because he is so picky about what he wears. He screams bloody murder every time I put his jacket on too and screams until I take it off. He does the same thing with those footed pj's, which is so weird, because those were always Bretten's favorite pajamas! Anyways, I'm glad he had so many other things to focus his attention on because it made him concentrate less on what he had on.
Jaylee showing off her craft that she made at the Halloween Carnival!
Bretten, Jaylee, and Kaysen taking a break from trick-or-treating at the "Mayors Walk" at the recreation center. They had a bunch of local businesses come set up tables and everybody went around the path and got to trick-or-treat from them.
Another picture of the kids trick-or-treating!
8 comments:
I love your kids' costumes. Looks like you had a fun halloween. Tell your kids "Hi" for me.
Jaylee looks adorable. I love Kayson crying in his costume. Bretten just looks so hadsome! Miss you!
I meant handsome@
What fun costumes. Jaylee looks beautiful! I can't believe all her hair. You guys have been up to all kinds of fun stuff.
So many fun activities! you are such a cute mom Cherish.
Cherish! Hey this is Sarah (schmutz). I remember you left a comment on my blog awhile ago, sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you! I was so glad to have heard from you! Your little kids are soooo cute and I am glad to see that you guys are doing well and had a fun Halloween!Love the costumes!!
Fun times! I love seeing the kids all dressed up. Even though as you know, sometimes they dont like it, its still fun for us! your little girl is getting so big, I can't believe it! She is adorable!
Fun, wow, you've been busy. You are getting so close to having your baby! What day are they inducing you?
Post a Comment