Friday, August 15, 2008

A fun week with cousins!

We arranged to have a few of my sister Cari's girls come stay with us for a few days. Jaylee and Bretten were sooo excited to have Brinly and Kelsi here. We met on Saturday to pick them up and then met again Wednesday evening to drop them back off. I was surprised how well they played together. I thought by the end of it they would be sick of each other, but they didn't fight at all and wanted to play outside most of the time. They got a lot of sun that first day, so I slathered them with sunblock the rest of the time, but they still got a lot of sun (sorry Cari!). Every night, they were completely filthy from running around in my dirt yard, so they had fun continuing their playing in the tub! They loved riding bikes, feeding the cows, and catching grasshoppers. The rest of the time they were very imaginative and set up this 'shop' where they sold all sorts of flowers and mud pies and what not. It was really cute! They spent all day making stuff for it. We had soo much fun with them and they were such sweethearts! Thanks for letting them come play Cari!


Cute Cousins Jaylee and Brinly! They are only a month apart!


Jaylee and Bretten


We played at the park in Heber City for a little while when we met to drop them off. Jaylee, Bretten, Brinly, Kelsi, and Kaden


Kelsi, Jaylee, and Bretten playing in the dirt!


And Jaylee demonstrates to us how dirt becomes mud! And thus the mud pies are made!!!


Kelsi loved the dirt!!!


Rub a dub dub three in a tub!


They were so cute in the tub, but it made me realize how much work Cari has having 4 girls! I complain just washing and doing 1 girl's hair, so my heart goes out to those of you with lots of girls!!!


Kelsi and Kaysen on the teeter totter!


Brinly, Bretten, Kelsi, and Jaylee feeding the cows!


Jaylee, Brinly, and Kelsi! What a bunch of cuties!


Bretten LOVES the cows too!


Brinly, Kelsi, and Jaylee

5 comments:

Sarah Jimenez said...

Congrats on your baby boy! How exciting..and looks like you still just need to worry about doing one girls hair! Looks like your kids had a very fun time with Cari's kids. How fun for them to have cousins their age. How are you feeling?

sloan larsen said...

Hey Cherish, how have you been feeling? Congrats by the way! Sorry it has taken me forever to write back. It was so good to here from you! I think it's crazy that we are due a day apart, and our birthdays are a day apart! Your kids are very cute! I hope you are doing good talk to ya later.

jennie said...

CHERISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe you are having another boy! Yea for you! I think Gunther is an AWESOME name! I was thinking of you today. I hope you are feeling better! Talk to you later!

love ya
-jennie

Sarah Jimenez said...

you've just been tagged, just go to my blog and copy and paste the questions to your blog with your own answers!

Jessica said...

Cousins are the best. I love the pics of them feeding the cows!!!