Monday, June 23, 2008

Lots to catch up on....

Jaylee had her last soccer game of the season the end of May, but of course I'm way behind on posting about it! I was stressing out about getting to the game because with the way I was feeling, we were lucky to make it to the early morning game. Luckily Jason had that Saturday off and was there to help me get everyone ready and was able to see her last game. For most of the game she chatted up and down the field with one of her favorite friends, Lily, but she managed to stop talking for a few minutes and get some good kicks in too. She surprised all of us when she dribble the ball all the way from the other side of the field down to their goal and scored a goal! Great job Jaylee!!! She was pretty excited about it too! We can't wait for more soccer next year!

In on the action!


Looking Pretty on the field!


Jaylee and her friend Lily (the chatters)


Jaylee was so proud to get her Gold Medal Necklace!!!

Next is our busy body Kaysen!!! Man he is a hand-full! He has enjoyed tearing the house apart while 'Mommy' tries to take it easy!

Kaysen tearing the kitchen apart!


More of his handy work!


Talking on his 'cell phone' (it's really a calculator, but he doesn't know the difference!).


I can't get mad at that face!!!


Kaysen tipped over one of the bar stools in the kitchen and it landed on his foot. He had a hard time walking on it for a few days and it gave him quite a bruise and a swollen foot! Poor guy!


Hiding his trash under the couch!


Taking down my decorative 'Spring' blocks. I guess it's not Spring anymore, so that's okay! Thanks for your help Kaysen!


He loves to throw these down the stairs, one at a time, and then he comes down and gathers them up and takes them back up and does it again. Toys are never used for their intended purpose!!!


Hard at play!


Throwing Dad's lunch bags all over the floor. Such a great little helper!

Last, but not least...
Jason turned 30 last week, and this year his birthday fell on the same day as Father's Day too, so it was an even better day! So Happy 30th again babe, and Happy Father's Day to an awesome and amazing husband and Dad!
The kids helped me decorate a little bit for him and we blew him up a bunch of balloons. We went to JB's for a yummy dinner (I know what you're thinking, but I couldn't make Jason cook his own birthday dinner, and I still wasn't able to get up much- let alone mess with food). I mentioned before that I was worried about getting shopping done for him because of how sick I've been, and he gave me a few ideas of stuff he could use, but they were all things I couldn't even think about going shopping around for, day after day, to find the right one. I opted for the easy route and went to the furniture store, and left 15 minutes later with all I needed! Plus I got to sit down in comfort during most of it, and I had it delivered right to our door. Could I ask for a better shopping experience?? I ended up getting him a Lazy Boy recliner. We've both been wanting a nice rocking recliner and when we went looking last time, they were a bit pricey and they told us the only time they ever really get marked down on a good sale is at Father's Day, so I had to go look and was glad to find one. It wasn't on his list, but he was very surprised and very happy about it (especially since he knew I hadn't left the house in weeks and I had warned him that it might not be a very exciting day). I was happy too because I'll finally be able to sit in something comfortable during all those sleepless nights we'll soon be experiencing again. Yeah! In the mean time though, Jason will enjoy using it to watch sports and CNN every night before bed! Anyways, the day turned out great, and we hope you had a memorable day Jason. We love you!!!

Turning 30 is sooooo exciting! (Jason loves pictures...can you tell- or maybe it's because he wasn't ready for the day in any of these pictures??)


Blowing out his candles. Happy 30th!!!


The kids enjoying Daddy's cake!


Trying out his new chair!

Oh wait, I guess that wasn't last! I just have to post a few quick pictures of the kids out watching the cows again. They are loving summer and are glad the cows are back!!!

Even Kaysen loves to watch them. You have to watch him carefully though because he tries to stick his whole arm in the fence and those cows are a little curious!!!

2 comments:

Sarah Jimenez said...

Wow Busy Momma! Lots going on! Your kids are sure getting big and are so cute... Jaylee a chatterer...no way!..haha...wonder were she gets that from? Happy late birthday Jason!

Lacey said...

Happy Brithday Jason. I believe that we might have the same lazy boy recliner. I bought it when I got put on bed rest and thought I was going to be pregnant forever. I sure your already to that point. Thanks for the update on the kids. Miss you!