So, I can't really say we were shocked, but at the same time we are a little surprised. Ever since Kaysen was born, we had been thinking about taking measures to prevent another pregnancy, but I refused to take birth control because it gives me terrible side effects, so we thought about an IUD, but I dreaded the whole procedure, so we just didn't do anything. Plus, I had been nursing Kaysen for a full year, so I didn't think my chances were very high during that time and we tried to watch the calendar a bit to prevent things further, but in January, when I quit nursing Kaysen, I decided we needed to do something a little more than just relying on the calendar. Well, when I finally made up my mind in February, I called the doctor and scheduled an IUD. Lucky for me I live in an over-populated city (at least for the ratio of doctors to people) and it's a 2 1/2 month wait to get into the OB, so we had to schedule an appointment and wait until clear til May 7th to get in. Well, wouldn't you know it, we found out on May 7th that we are going to have another baby! Luckily I was at my appointment already and so instead of getting my 5year birth control put in, I got sent home with a "Welcome To Motherhood" (again) bag!
Anyways, baby #4 is due on January 15th (3 days before Kaysen's 2nd Birthday), which means the doctor will probably schedule my c-section for the end of December...right in time for another tax write-off. Yeah!!! haha! (For those of you wondering why I am delivered so early, it's because I'm Type 1 Diabetic so my pregnancies are high risk and my babies can also get pretty big if I'm not SUPER careful, so the doctor usually delivers me as soon as it is safe, which is usually at 37 weeks.)
So this is our big news and today I'm officially 6 weeks along. And YES, I know I'm just barely starting, but I'm so bad at keeping this kind of news secret and I just want everybody to know and share in our happiness! :)
And here are Jason's famous first words when he found out: "What is it with us and these winter babies???" (Bretten is November, Jaylee is December, and Kaysen is January)
Okay, totally bad and cheesey picture of me, but it's all I had to document it, so just ignore my gross cheesey face and messy hair please!
12 comments:
YEAH!!! Congrats you guys! That is so exciting! You and Sunny will have little ones about the same time!- fun for cousins! I hope that you are feeling well and that all goes good! You are such a cute momma and I can't believe you're going to be a family of 6- crazy!! Such a cute family tho... congrats again!!!
Congrats Cherish-I'm so happy for you guys. That is crazy that you'll be having another winter baby. It's great for me because it's easier to remember their birthdays.
CHERISH!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHH!!!! I can't believe it! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you! 6 weeks eh? That is awesome! Even more awesome that you found out on my bday...what a good day ;). So you were totally prego when we were all in Park City, that is so awesome! Did you have any idea? Oh dearie we need to talk! Call me when you can!
-jennie
congrats!!! I really am so excited for you. You're such a good little mamma. So sorry about the phone the other day. We lost service. I will call you soon. Hope you are feeling ok. The first few months are tough, even more so with three kids to take care of I'm sure.
Congratulations Cherish. You are truly blessed in so many ways.
Congratulations, I am so excited for you! Isn't it funny how the most amazing things happen when they are least expected.
Congratulations- I am jealous! I can't wait until we can have another one, but we need to wait probably for another year or so before we think about it. So until then.... I will just live vicariously through you! Congrats :)
Cherish, Congratulations!! I didn't know you and Sunny were prego. That would be so fun. When is cari going to pop? I bet she is so miserable. Well, good luck! Tavi
Congrats,that is so fun! Four is a great number:) Your kids are getting so big, I wish you lived closer so we could hang out. I am so excited for you!
WOW! congrats thats very exciting for you guys! It sounds like you guys will have a very expensive and exciting WINTER for the rest of your life huh. So many b-days. Your story is really funny and I can actually relate a bit. I also had made my IUD appt. like 2 wks before I found out about Lily coming but luckly I found out before the appt. and I just had to call and change it for a prenatal one instead. I love that it happened to you too. Oh and she was born 2 wks before Will turned 2 also!
Congrats Cherish! You are quite the mom keeping it together and always having fun with your kids, and soon to be fourth! Hope you will get feeling better and that everything will be smooth as possible :)
So, I have left a lot of comments today, but I am cathcing up on blog surfing-CONGRATULATIONS! That is so great that you are expecting! You seem like such a great mom-congrats!
-Kari
Post a Comment