Holding Calina for the first time!
She is so sweet!
Jaylee, Bretten and their cousin Cambrie. They were so excited to see her!
Kaysen enjoying some yummy food at Grandma Dixie's house!
Bretten showing the corner of the desk that cut his head open! OUCH!
We have been LONG over-due for an escape from Vernal. It's been a long winter here! Since we hadn't been to Cedar City since August, we decided to make a quick trip down there to visit Jason's parents. The kids LOVE visiting Grandma Dixie and Grandpa Lee! We were excited also because we got to meet our new niece/cousin Cali Joe (daughter of Andy and Clarissa) for the first time. She is 1 month old now and is so SWEET! We also got a tour of Andy's beautiful new house. It has an awesome floor plan and is done very well. We went shopping (also long over-due) in sunny St. George one of the days and were able to go to dinner with our niece Kristie and then we got to visit with my sister Sunny and her husband Josh while we were there too. One of Jason's favorite things about visiting his parents is that we finally have someone to watch our kids so we can see a movie or two. That's kind of a rare thing for us these days and it's one of our favorite things to do, so we greatly appreciate it when we get the chance to see one! We got to see 10,000 BC and we really liked it! I heard it got some bad reviews, but I guess that doesn't surprise me because all the movies I seem to like never get rated very high! Anyways, it surprised me because Jason and I really enjoyed it. I was hanging half-way off my seat when they were hunting the mammoth...Geez! I know that sounds lame, but it was intense...you gotta see it to understand what I mean I guess!
The trip wouldn't be complete without a trip to the Urgent Care, so of course we left that up to our accident prone Bretten! Jaylee and Bretten were bouncing around on those hippity hoppity balls with the handles on them and they bumped into each other and that flung Bretten's forehead back into the corner of a desk. OUCH! It was a head cut, so of course it looked way worse than it actually was (they always bleed so much). Unfortunately his forehead was still cut open wide enough that it required stitches. He was very brave and did as well as you can hope for I guess! That is a pretty traumatizing experience for a kid....an a Mom!
We had a lot of fun, but it went by way too fast and once again we realized how much we loved Cedar City! We miss it there. Hopefully we'll have more time next time so we can play and visit a little more!
7 comments:
We love and miss Cedar City as well!! Actually, Calina I think is Vicki's granddaughter that my husband worked for at conference services... (did you get all that?) Glad that you had a good time!
I am glad you had a good trip and got to enjoy the nice weather! I am sorry about Bretten's accident. Owwie.. Cody has been wanting to see that show too, so maybe we'll get a chance to soon. Congrats on your new niece. She is so cute! I like your new layout a lot too.
I'm sad we didn't get a chance to get together. Hopefully next time you come down everyone will be healthy. This isn't the first time Bretten has had to have stitches is it? Poor little guy! I'm glad you guys had a good time!
What a trip! So many adventures in one weekend -- seeing a new baby, getting stitches, going to a movie without the kids... I haven't wanted to see 10,000 BC, but now that I've heard from someone who liked it, the movie is back on the list!
What a nice break for you! When are you coming up.
Have you looked at Confessions...
did today and totally needed it! Love Ya
Yea for you! I'm glad you got to get out for a little road trip! I'm getting excited for our get-together in May!
Post a Comment