Bretten Enjoying his Easter Toys!
Jaylee was pleased with the Easter Bunny too! :)
Easter Egg Hunt with some of our friends!
Decorating Easter Cookies that Grandma & Grandpa Morrell sent us! Thank you!
Where is that blasted egg?
Another Egg Hunt!
Jaylee on the prowl!
We were planning on going to my parents for Easter, but a few days before the weekend hit, we all got sick, of course!, so that kinda ruined our plans. We managed to fit a few fun things into the weekend though (thanks to the makers of Day-Quill) and we still had a great Easter! Jaylee and Bretten are old enough that they really got into the Easter Egg Hunts this year (we had a few different hunts). It was fun to watch them actually go after the eggs, instead of just standing there looking at everyone else swipe all the eggs before they can even get their hands on one! They were even sweet enough to make sure Kaysen got some cool prizes! Kaysen was thankful for that since he didn't even get to participate! Jaylee saw another kid walking around crying (more like screaming bloody murder) because he didn't get any eggs, and all by herself, she walked over to him and handed him a few eggs from her basket! It made my heart melt. It was a 'proud-parent' moment! I'm glad she is already somewhat in-tune to how others feel and she always looks for ways that she can try and make it better. She really amazes me and is already an example to me at the ripe age of 5!
On Sunday morning, it was kind of a bummer to not be able to go to church (and get everyone else sick- one of my biggest pet peeves!) and enjoy the wonderful Easter program. Geez, we'd make bad Catholics- to not even go to church on Easter- sad, I know! Jaylee was kinda bummed that she didn't get to wear her gorgeous new Easter dress too. She had really been looking forward to it! The kids were excited to find their Easter baskets though, full of the latest dollar store specials! Even Kaysen was excited to find his Easter Basket full of applesauce- one of his favorites! He carried a thing of applesauce in each hand all day long. It was funny. He got a utensil set too and he brought it over to me with his applesauce. He knew just what he needed to do to get fed! Another funny thing was Bretten was sitting really quiet just looking at his Easter basket and then looked up at me and said, The Easter Bunny is a good guy, isn't he Mom?". I just laughed and assured him that the Easter Bunny was definitely a good guy! It was cute because he really pondered this thought! After playing with the kids for a bit, I used the rest of my energy (I was feeling really weak and sick by this point) to cook up a yummy Easter Dinner! It was fun even though Jason and I were too sick (not much of an appetite) to enjoy it! I made chicken noodle soup (well I guess it was turkey noodle soup- I used the left over turkey) with the left overs and that has hit the spot the last few days with our yucky soar throats! Anyways, we are glad we were able to celebrate Easter together as a family and are thankful for what Easter really represents!
4 comments:
I hope you are all feeling better! Sounds like you guys still had a fun time. The Easter bunny was very good to your family. That is so sweet about Jaylee being so considerate- especially for not knowing the kid. You have a great family. I also love your new layout. I need to sit down and spend sometime to learn how to do that fun stuff.
Hey, nice layout there.. lol.
Hope you feel better soon. I love your updates. You have a wonderful family.
It is just crazy how much your kids look like you! I know they are supposed to but wow! They are so cute!
Yes the Easter Bunny is a good WOMAN!
Sounds like you guys got what Maddy had over the weekend. She wore her Easter dress at home. She was on the downhill by Sunday though. I was horrible and took her to the hunt anyway. Also to the family picnic. I didn't realize that she was THAT sick. I'm the annoying mom that does that...but she just had RSV...Give a mom a break..Right??
You know that the reason why Jaylee did that was because your such a great mom! Miss you! Still coming next weekend???
Post a Comment