Thursday, December 6, 2007

Tis the season to be jolly....and very busy!!!


Get Me Out of this Snow Suit!!!


Jaylee & Bretten Loving all this snow!!!


I had to put Jason to work!


Bretten and his 'moon' boots!!!


Look at me standing all by myself!!!

What a wonderful, but crazy time of year! It seems like we've just been going from one thing to the next lately.
We got a LOT of snow last week and now it is suppose to snow about 10 more inches tonight and tomorrow. The kids have loved playing in it, except Kaysen of course. I tried pulling him around on his sled but he didn't put up with it for too long because he didn't like his snow gear. He could hardly move with it on. He was so funny because when I first put it on him he was just looking at me like I was crazy if I thought for one second that he'd put up with it for more than a few minutes...and his look was right. He didn't put up with it!
Kaysen is getting more and more mobile each day. He'll probably be walking soon. He has been free-standing, walking along the furniture, and making every attempt possible to get past the gate at the bottom of the stairs so he can have an extreme climbing adventure! Needless to say, Kaysen has been getting lots of watchful attention from Mommy lately!
Bretten is a cute little rascal! We went and picked out some new winter boots for him so he could play in all the snow, but now he insists on wearing them at all times. I wouldn't let him wear them to church on Sunday and he threw a fit. The minute we got home from church, he took off his Sunday shoes and put his Spider Man boots on. I think it's pretty funny. He's been wearing them everywhere...and we've been getting lots of funny looks. :) I've been trying to get him interested in potty training and he just has no interest AT ALL! Today I could tell he was getting ready to go poop (there are things you just catch onto as a mother..haha) so I made him take his diaper off and sit on the potty. I told him how AWESOME it would be if he went potty on the toilet and once again tried to bribe him with the big yellow dump truck I've had sitting on my dresser. He sat there for a loooong time and wouldn't produce anything. I finally gave in and told him to get a pull-up to put on(I was in the middle of making cookies) and before I knew it, he had pooped, but oh no, not on the toilet. He had to do his business on the tile floor instead! Why???
Jaylee is soooo excited for Christmas! We have about 4 different things that help us count down the days til Christmas and she loves it (and I'm finding it's a good way to help both her and Bretten learn their numbers better). She's been doing tumbling classes a few times a week and has a Christmas program next Friday. She also has been loving pre-school and loves all the events that brings; Christmas parties, Christmas programs, Christmas decorating, etc.! How fun!
Jason and I are staying busy too. Our ward just got split and Jason and I have now been called to be primary teachers. Jason and another guy are over Jaylee's age group. I'm over Bretten's class. Fun Fun!!! I've been staying super busy trying to get the usual Christams stuff ready...cards, presents, baking, decorating, Santa visits, Christmas events, getting Jaylee's birthday stuff ready, etc. The list never ends. At least it's all fun stuff! I've also been trying to get all my ebay stuff listed because I've had it piling up for a while and I can't stand the clutter anymore. I picked a real good time to do it huh? To top it all off, I'm entering my finals week for my college class. It has been a lot of work, but I'm so glad it will be over in a week and I will finally be graduating!
Jason's work is getting ready to remodel the store, so he will have to start putting in a lot more hours for a few weeks because they have to keep the pharmacy open at all times during the remodel, so he'll be taking on some extra night shifts! Fun huh? Yeah right! Jason's new hobby has been building the kids these amazing huts! I tried building them one the other day when Jason was at work and they were begging me to make one. Well, I tried and then they told me so matter of factly that I just don't know how to do it and that they'd have to wait til Daddy got home because he knew how to do it right! haha! Well, sorry for the long blog, but I have to do it all at once because I don't know when I'll get a chance to update it again. Maybe I'll have some time in the next week or so since all the snow will probably keep me homebound! We're definitely living in a winter wonderland here!

5 comments:

Sarah Jimenez said...

Hey busy Momma! It's great to hear of all the fun things you guys are up to. You are such a great Mom! (and fun!) You guys got a ton of snow. I don't know if I should be jealous or more thankful that I live in St. George! I love like a day of snow, but then it's too wet and cold for me. Your kids are getting so big! I hope we get to see you guys soon! Take care!

Jessica said...

Fun pictures. I am hoping Carson will enjoy the snow this year (if we ever get any). I totally understand your potty training woes. We are having the same exact issues with Carson. Boys will be boys, I guess!

. said...

Sledding looks like so much fun! I can't wait until we get a few more inches so we can go too!

Lacey said...

Very Busy Momma! I'm so glad that you got your class over with!! Okay again I'm going to tell you how much I love that picture of Kaysen. What a crack up!!

Mikkel said...

That is a classic picture of Bretten on the sled. I love it!