Our Yummy Treats!
Taste test to make sure they're good!
I had to throw a picture in with the vegetable tray because it saved us from eating all the junk!...Well, at least it helped!
Ready to deliver!!!
So, after I got through finals week, we got busy with all the things I've been meaning to do and I can officially say I'm now feeling the spirit of Christmas! I love it! We finally got Christmas Cards done and baked up a storm in the kitchen. Once again, Jaylee and Bretten were my little 'helpers' and they were so excited to help me deliver our goodies to our neighbors. Here are a few recipes we used:
*My Mom's Caramel Popcorn:
Pop a big bowl of plain popcorn, (we use an air popper to do this)
Then add these items to a saucepan:
1/2 Cup Butter (1 Cube)
1/2 Cup Light Karo Syrup
1/2 Can (about 7 oz.) Eagle Brand Sweetend Condensed Milk
1 Cup Brown Sugar
Dash of Salt
-Put ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil to dissolve sugars. Once everything is dissolved and smooth, pour caramel over popped corn and enjoy! This is so simple and is so yummy!
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe EVER:
2/3 Cup butter flavored shortening (We use those already measured cubes of Crisco shortening...so convenient!)
2/3 Cup margarine/butter
1 Cup Sugar (white/granulated)
1 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1 TBS. Vanilla
3 1/2 Cups Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Salt
About 1 Package Chocolate Chips
-Cream shortening, margarine, & sugars together. Add eggs and Vanilla and mix again. Add all remaining ingredients and mix again. Put on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 10 minutes.
1 comment:
Yum! I wish we were your neighbors! You are so good to make things like that. By the way we got your card and package, thank you so much! You are so sweet. I have something sent to you, I HOPE it will be there by Christmas!
Post a Comment