Sunday, November 11, 2007

Flat Tire!!!






This might not be very interesting, but I have to vent! I'm not very happy about this house that is being built next to us because the construction workers just throw nails and screws all over and leave lumber with nails sticking up all over the ground. It is a mess! I don't let my kids play over there, but what if they happened to wander over there somehow and step on a nail?? A lot of the wood they throw down ends up partly in our yard too so I always have to go throw it over in front of their house so that my kids won't find any of it. Also, all of these nails and screws end up out on the road somehow and so I go out quite often and sweep all over the road because I don't want my kids finding it and I also was worried someone would drive over a nail one of these times and pop there tire. Well, what do you know...that person was me! We went to go get in the van to go to church today and we started pulling out of the garage and noticed that one of our tires was completely flat. I immediately told Jason that it had to be a nail from that stupid house...and it was! Jason put the spare on and hopefully we can get our tire fixed before we have to leave this weekend (Vernal is very stretched for basic services, so it can take a long time to get stuff repaired). I took pictures and I'm going to call the construction company tomorrow and DEMAND that they pay for the repairs. It is so ridiculous! Anyways, maybe I'm crazy, but that just doesn't seem okay to me. They should take a little more responsibility for their construction mess and I'm tired of being quiet and nice about it. So, yeah, that is the story of my flat tire!

3 comments:

Sarah Jimenez said...

Cherish-
I am sorry about the flat, I've had my fair share of them- no fun. I admire you for cleaning up after the construction company for so long; I wouldn't/couldn't have been so cordial. I hope that they fix your flat and fast!

Lacey said...

Sweet! I love it when things like that happen!!

Mikkel said...

Gosh that stinks. I would totally call and demand a refund. You go girl! I like how positive Lacey was, ha ha. Let us know if they pay for it!! Good luck :)