Saturday, November 24, 2007

Holly Days!





Vernal holds a big Holly Days event on the day after Thanksgiving every year. It is quite an event! They had stuff going on all day long. We didn't show up until about 6:00 PM because we found out about it kind of last minute; Yes, we're new in town! We waited in line in the freezing cold to see Santa Claus. The line was long and slow, but they were handing out free hot chocolate and had these huge long metal pits with wood burning to help keep everyone warm and handed out marshmallows and sticks to roast them with. We got to listen to Christmas Karaoke too! It was a log of fun. After the kids saw Santa, we went and rode "The Polar Express" and went by the firemen's station to ride trikes. The kids had a blast! What a great event to kick off the Christmas season!

5 comments:

Sarah Jimenez said...

It looks like you guys had a very fun Thanksgiving weekend! Kim and I ran into your sister Cari on Black-Friday in Kohls. She was daring (or crazy enough! j/k) to stand in the forever long lines! I hope we get the chance to see you and your family soon!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great Holiday! I love that you also love Celine Dion-she is the BEST! Are you going to be in Kanab for Christmas?

The Mayers said...

Your kids are CUTE. I love how they are all bundled up. I still have to get my girls winter coats since we didn't need them until Thanksgiving day.

Lacey said...

How fun!! I'm ready to get into the holiday season....looks like Vernal has some great community events!

Unknown said...

So very glad to see you enjoyed Holly Days this past year. We are always looking to make it bigger and better every year and what it takes to do so is community involvement and support. this year we gave away $11,000 in prizes. This is truly a community event with a volunteer committee behind it so anyone can get involved. Simply call Vernal City 435-789-6924 if you or anyone you know wants to join in and help. You can find information on this event at www.communityhollydays.com
Glade