Sunday, July 1, 2007

Vacation 2007!

Kristie's Wedding
Powered by Smilebox
Click to play | Make your own Smilebox

After more than a a year of working, Jason finally got a week off for vacation!! Although we didn't have a super luxorious vacation, we did what we could with our budget and had a great time. And, also since Jason doesn't get time off very often, we had a chance to get a few things done that we normally can't do, like going to the dentist and schooling stuff.
We left after Jason got off work on Thursday night. We headed to St. George and got there fairly late. We stayed the night there and early the next morning, Jason went and took his Utah Pharmacy Law test...we're working on getting licensed in Utah so that maybe we can move back eventually! The next days were spent with Jason's parents in Cedar City. While we were there, we took off to Zion's National Park and did some exploring and hiking. It was very hot, but the kids loved it.
On Monday morning,with the help of Jason's parents, both Jason and I spent the morning at the dentist's office. Jason had perfect teeth once again, and I, well, pretty much feel like life is over!!! I of course had bad news! It isn't fair because I NEVER miss a brush and I've probably missed flossing my teeth twice in the last 5 years...I'm not kidding...and I have like 3 crowns to be done and a root canal that needs to be redone. Life isn't fair!
Anyways, Monday night we headed up to my parent's house in Springville and got there right in time to have a bbq with some students from BYU that my Dad supervises at work. We had a good time. We stayed the night there and the next day I got to go see my Mom's new school building that is in the process of being built. It was amazing! It will be very nice when it is done.
Later that day, we drove up to Salt Lake City and spend the next 3 nights in the Shilo Inn (we purchased this Lagoon Vacation Package from an add that I found when I picked up a Kanab paper a few weeks back). Our room was very nice and a lot more than we expected. We had the top floor and a great view. The kids had a blast in the pool and jacuzzi, which was open 24 hrs. While staying there, we went to the Gateway and let the kids play in the water that shoots out of the ground. They loved that!
On Wednesday, we went to Lagoon. We had so much fun and even though Jason and I just took the kids around to all the kiddie rides the whole day, we had a blast. I actually got to go on a lot of the kid rides with Bretten because he was barely 36" tall, and since I'm getting old and I don't handle the roller coasters so well anymore, I didn't mind at all!
The next day we went to my parents house again and hung out with Everyone. My brother Jake and his family were there and we hadn't seen them in over a year, so it was very nice to see them.
Kristie, our niece, had her wedding on Friday in the Salt Lake City Temple. We were only able to go to the temple and luncheon because we had to drive 8 hours home that night for Jason to make it back to work the next day. Kristie looked so beautiful and happy. We are very excited that she found such a great guy!
Well, that is the end of my vacation story, unless you want to continue reading about what happened the next day....
So, I had been upset all week that Jason wasn't able to get Saturday off because that would have allowed us to spend 2 more days with family. We wouldn't have had to miss Kristie's reception, and we would have been able to go to 7 Peaks with my family on Saturday and I would've had some time to visit friends,etc. Anyways, Jason's district manager said he'd continue to work on it and call us if he found someone to work Saturday. Well, we never got a call, and we even tried to call him througout the week to see if it was covered. So, Jason gets up and goes to wrok Saturday morning and comes home like 20 minutes later and told me that there was someone to work for him!!! I completely lost it and had a meltdown. I still just want to scream every time I think about it. Anyways, what an ending to a great week huh?
(Most of our vacation pictures are on a disposable camera, but here are a few that I did get on our digital)
Zion's Trip
Powered by Smilebox
Click to play | Make your own Smilebox

2 comments:

jennie said...

Oh...it looks like you guys had a great time on your vacation! Hope you have a fun 4th!

Lacey said...

How fun! I haven't hiked those since High School!