


Happy 4th of July!!! We had a Crosby Family Reunion in Kanab over the 4th this year. Jason had the day off too, so even he was able to come. It seems that we spend the 4th of July in Kanab almost every year, and I'm starting to really like that tradition. Why? Well, here are just a few reasons:
1-We get to visit with all the family members that we hardly ever see and catch up on everybody.
2-Eating at Houstons is always a must! Even though I shouldn't have ordered a big fattening plate of Emma's Homemade Nachos, I did, and I enjoyed every bite, as did my kids!
3-The 4th of July Parade on Main Street...You see a hundred people you know, You're almost always guaranteed to get a little bit wet from the firetrucks, the kids get plenty of candy, you also know almost everybody that participates in the parade, you get to listen to the familiar voice of the announcer guy that has been announcing the floats in the parade for the last 20 or so years, etc.
4-Scenic Drives around Kanab...dragging a few manes for old times sake, and driving by all the houses that you once knew so well.
5-The carnival at the park always has plenty of fun for everyone; good food, fun games & activities, lots of people to visit.
6-Eating homemade ice cream at the Hawkin's house and then watching the amazing Kanab fireworks...this year they were actually really good!
7-My kids get to relive some of my most favorite childhood memories.
(I had my camera on the top of my "what to pack" list, but forgot it once again! So, we had to do the disposable camera thing again so I don't have any pictures...yet.)
1 comment:
I've been in Idaho for the past 4 4th of July, except this year and we went to Stadium of fire., Hopefully I will make it to Kanab next for the 4th. Nate wants to go down there and between the parade and fireworks, he wants to go boating at Lake Powell! I'm all for it! I miss the 4th in Kanab.
Post a Comment