Monday, July 30, 2007

We're Moving!!!




A crazy change of events happened today. We've sold our house and have been wondering whether to stay in Page and rent for a year, or if we should just try to leave and go to Utah even though it is less pay. We didn't really feel strongly one way or the other and have been waiting for a "sign" to let us know what we should do.
Well, like I said, we've sold our house and have to be out on the 31st of August. Also, Jason just got notice that he passed his Utah tests, so he is now a licensed Pharmacist in Utah. Then, today, a recruiter called Jason about a job in Vernal, Utah and it was a very good job offer, so, we've finally got our "sign" and have decided to pack up and leave Page. It is a quick decision and I don't think the reality of it has quite hit me yet, but it is going to happen. We've already given notice to Jason's district manager that he is leaving and we've told the Vernal store that we'll be there Sept. 1st! CRAZY!!!
I've never even been to Vernal, so I'm a little hesitant, but also excited. I'm glad that Jason wont have to work 6 days a week anymore. It'll be so nice to have a normal work schedule! :) It'll be closer to my parents...although a lot further away from Jason's parents. We're told it is a smaller town (about 20,000 if you count all the small towns in the surrounding areas...within 15 miles), but it is growing rapidly because of all the oil mines and other things that are taking off there. I don't know yet if it will be a permanent location, but it will be our home at least for the next 5 years or so. We're excited to get back to Utah and to have an exciting change happening in our lives. I'll keep you all posted. At the top is a map of where Vernal is....North East Utah!!!

3 comments:

Lacey said...

I am so excited that you are moving closer. I've never been to Vernal before, but I'm just glad your moving closer. Sorry about yesterday...it's been a little crazy with Halee and Sydnee here. We are headed to the water park today and I'll try to give you a call.

Karen said...

Wow that is a whirlwind of good things happening isn't it? You are closer to me too here in Boise, ID. hehe. Good luck with the move.

jennie said...

YEA!!! It will be so good to have you closer! Call me and we can catch up! I don't think we've talked since I visited with you at your mom's house a while ago.