It was a short 3 months with the bunnies that the kids got for Easter! They are disgusting and dirty and without kids old enough to fully take on the responsibility of cleaning their cage (at least weekle if not more), and feeding them every day, I just couldn't take it anymore. They baby bunnies got big really fast too, so my kids were too scared to even hold them without a lot of coaxing from me. When I got pregnant, it didn't help, because my gag reflex was too strong and every time I had to clean their cage, I would get so sick! So my kids told me how terrible I was and cried and cried when I listed their bunnies for free on freecycle.org. A guy came and picked them up the next day and took them out of our lives forever (Yeah!!! from me, and lots of tears from the kids)! I told the kids their options were either to give them away to somebody who could take care of them or that we could make rabbit stew out of them. haha. They of course wanted them to go to another home, so I was very relieved that I didn't have to figure out how to make rabbit stew!

Jaylee holding back her tears (look close at her face, it's very sad!) while saying goodbye to Cuddles!

Bretten, Kaysen and Jaylee spending some last minute quality time with their bunnies. (Actually Kaysen's bunny isn't here. It died a very sad and sudden death a week after we got it...check past blog post for that story! lol).

Bretten and Jaylee

Bretten and Yoda
No comments:
Post a Comment