We threw a Halloween party with our friends, Erica and Travis Leach. We had dinner, desserts, games, and lots of fun! The kids loved it and got to play with their friends all night. On Halloween night, Jason had the day off, so he was able to come and help me out with the kids for once. Yeah! It was a lot easier having him there to help. We took the kids to the Recreation Center here where they offer free trick-or-treating and a free spook ally and carnival games for everyone. The kids really enjoyed doing that and were way excited when we ran into some of their favorite friends, Lily and Daizy Wilson. When we were done there, we went home and Jason stayed home with Rylan to hand out the goods at our house, so that I could take Jaylee, Bretten and Kaysen trick-or-treating around our neighborhood. I thought it would be simple and that they would be tired after a block or two (like last year), but no! They did every house in our little subdivision. I carried Kaysen the whole way too. He was freezing and a little scared so I didn't mind at the time. It made things go faster as far as keeping up with Jaylee and Bretten and their friends, the Brokaws, that went with us. The next day, my back was killing me though. I could hardly get up for 2 days. I must have done something to aggravate it. Next year I'll be pulling out the wagon again I guess!
It's fun having Jaylee and Bretten so into the holidays. They know what to expect and are starting to understand what they are all about. They sure make it a lot of fun. I think they all really enjoyed Halloween this year!
Lily, Jaylee, Daizy and Bretten at the Rec. Center for the Community Trick-or-Treating and Carnival.
Jaylee and Bretten with some friends waiting to trick-or-treat at the rec center.
hmmm, not really sure what Rylan is trying to tell me in this picture...liking the taste of blood maybe?? I'm raising my own Edward Cullen here. ;)
Rylan went as a skunk! He's the cutest darn skunk I've ever seen!
Jaylee and Bretten all ready to go out on Halloween night!
Bretten's favorite part of the pinata was wearing this 'pumpkin hat' afterwards.
The Mummy Game...Breck, Bob, Erica and Sherry
Sherry and Blaine getting mummified!
Rylan enjoying his very first Halloween party!
Laurelei and Jaylee
And yes...Kaysen was present during all of this, but he would only keep his costume on long enough for me to get this horrible picture. He did not like dressing up at all. He streaked down out of his costume at the Halloween party, so we just said he was going as a streaker...it worked I guess! lol.
1 comment:
LOVE the costumes!
Post a Comment