Monday, October 5, 2009

FUN weekend!

We had a super fun weekend! The kids were on Fall Break for school, so we decided to take a spur of the moment trip to my sister Cari's house for the weekend. It went by so fast, but we had a blast. The kids had so much fun playing with their cousins and hanging out. I didn't have Jason with me because he had to work on Saturday, so I was a little reluctant to go on a trip with just myself and 4 kids under age 6, but it wasn't too bad and we made it home alive!!! We made a lot of great memories and it was fun to stay with my sister and let our kids play.
We took our older kids to Lagoon on Saturday and they had so much fun. I was a little nervous leaving Kaysen and Rylan all day because I hardly ever get away from them...especially not for more than a few hours, but everything was fine and I was shocked to see that they actually CAN survive without me!!! Who'da thought???
We had a babysitter for the first part of the day and then a very tired Phil and Kaden got home from duck hunting and watched them for the rest of the day! It actually turned into quite the babysitting job for them because we just HAD to stop at Tai Pan Trading on our way home and well...let's just say it turned into a late night! It was my Mom's birthday that day too, so she came up and met us there to do some shopping and that made a great day even better!
On Sunday we went over to my parent's house and listened to conference and hung out for a little while and ate a delicious dinner. It was fun to see my parents and visit with them. My Dad of course sent me (and my kids) home with a whole bunch of new books to read. That's always a treat! And my Mom sent me with a loaf of her delcious home made bread! Jason was very thankful when we got home and he got to make some yummy buttered toast! Homemade bread makes the best toast!
We had a yucky drive home and hit a little bit of a blizzard even...wow! I can't believe it is already the time of year to start worrying about snow. I'm glad we got one last trip in before we're confined to Vernal for the winter!!!


Bretten:
There was this cute place to get pictures, but they weren't tall enough to stick their heads through on their own, so Cari was trying to lift them up. lol! FUN, FUN!


Jaylee


My cute nieces, Brinly and Kelsi, on the swings at Lagoon!


Kelsi, Jaylee and some crazy Mummy!


Bretten wasn't too sure about this guy!


Only 4 years old and this kid can shoot! Maybe he'll be following in his Grandpa Crosby's footsteps. lol!


Look at that form! Seriously- this kids gonna be a natural! haha


This funny guy was chasing Bretten around with his chainsaw. It was too funny. I finally got Bretten to take a picture with him, but he still wasn't too comfortable with it!


Bretten, Kelsi, Jaylee, Brinly



CAN YOU SAY DAREDEVILS!!! These 2 crazy 6 year old girls went on the Sky Coaster with me! I can't believe I have a kid that is old enough to do this!!! Makes me feel old! Cari was telling me this had to be some form of child abuse. She even got a little bit of a crowd to watch these crazy kids. lol! They loved it though and right after we did the huge free-fall drop and were flying through the air they were already saying they wanted to do it again! They were super brave! I was only pretending to be brave so that they weren't scared. I guess I was convincing enough because they went through with it!


Jaylee, Me and Brinly! They were pretty excited! I don't think they really understood what we were getting ourselves into at this point. They just knew it was going to be scary and lots of fun! Thrill seekers at such a young age??? We're in trouble!


Jaylee, Me and Brinly scared out of our minds!


Getting ready for the flight of our life!


No chickening out now!!!


Going higher and higher! Jaylee was asking me when we were going to stop and we were barely off the ground. I could feel her arm holding me tighter and tighter as we were going up! I was asking her if she was going to be okay and told her to close her eyes if she needed to. She said "I'll be alright. I just can't watch!"


Can you believe how high we were? Crazy!


Brinly was loving it! I was telling Jaylee to spread her arms and fly like a bird, but she wouldn't let go of my arm to save her life...yet! She eventually did and thought it was so much fun!



The Fantastic 4 having a blast on this deceiving ride. Cari and I thought it looked pretty harmless for them, so we sent all 4 of them on here alone. We were surprised at how fast it went. The kids loved it though!


Waiting patiently for another fun ride!


Bretten and Jaylee chilling by the graveside!


Bretten and Kelsi having a ball!


Brinly and Jaylee

5 comments:

Richins Family said...

Looks like a ton of fun! Yes you are brave for going with 4 little ones by yourself, but I think you are more brave for that ride you went on! I don't think I could have done that! :)

Sarah Jimenez said...

Cherish! Looks like you had sooo much fun! I can't believe Jaylee went on that ride with you! She must take after her momma =) I so want to go to Lagoon now. I am glad you had a fun weekend with your family.

Heaton Family said...

I CAN NOT BELIVE YOU TOOK THEM ON THAT RIDE!! U craaaazy woman, I am shocked.. I won't even go on that!

The Robinson's said...

I can't believe they are old enough to go on that ride; Man Jaylee is growing up! That's fun that you and Cari were able to go to Lagoon with your kids:) Cute pics

coupongeek said...

I'm hoping you check your comments frequently...you are the winner of the Yo Baby Meals Gift Set I hosted on Coupon Geek.

Please mail me your mailing address so I can have them mail it out to you. Congrats!

Blessings,
Jaycie