The first day in the hospital was pretty rough for me. I've never had such bad reactions to the spinal block and other medicinces they gave me. My blood pressure always drops really fast with the spinal block, and even though I warned them, they weren't prepared fast enough because those first minutes I just felt like I was gonna die and I can't move and I'm dry heaving, etc. Not fun! After those few minutes though, I was feeling great and before I knew it, I could hear our baby crying. Jason and the baby left to the nursery while I finished up my surgery and recovery session. That is always the worse part...just sitting there alone (well, with the doctors and nurses) wondering how everything is going with the baby. After the surgery, I was extremely drousy and itchy all over from the pain meds. I also was very nauseous and had a few throwing-up episodes, which has never happened to me. The next day, I felt great though and got up pretty easily. It hasn't been a very painful recovery at all and I'm very grateful for that. I got to go home on Wednesday early afternoon and was glad to be able to go home and recover in my own home, where I can actually get some rest!
Rylan was a pretty vocal baby for the first day, but has been a quiet squeaker ever since! The first day, he kept making noises with every breath he was taking and that made us nervous (because that is how Kaysen was before they found out he had a collapsed lung), so we had them keep checking him and they assured us he was fine, which he was! Rylan's cry is quite funny..he sounds like a hurt puppy or something, so it wakes us up pretty easily! He has been a good baby so far and sleeps A LOT! The kids keep asking, "Is baby Rylan okay?". It's kind of funny. They've been really cute about having him home, but I can tell it's also taken it's tole on them! Especially Kaysen! He is no longer the baby! We were lucky to have my Mom here for almost a whole week. She came on Sunday evening and left on Friday, so she was able to stay with our kids and they loved having Grandma here. When I came home, she was so good to take them upstairs so I could rest and continue to recover. She also cooked us some great food and kept my house so nice! Thanks a million Mom! You truly are a live saver!!!
Jason had to take a week of vacation time off from work, but at least he was able to be with me the whole week. He has been great and I'm so lucky to have him! :)
Anyways, that is our update for now! I can tell I'm going to be one busy momma when school starts back up and I have to have Jaylee and Bretten back on their schedules, but I'm sure we'll manage! 4 kids is gonna be a crazy adventure!!!
Welcome to the world little guy!
Rylan's last day in the hospital!...Ready to go home!
Mom and Rylan ready to go home!
Daddy burping Rylan
So precious and sweet! Day 2
Mom and Rylan
Jaylee and Bretten were so excited to have us home!
Cute Little Rylan
Jaylee loves having a new baby brother!
Rylan was starting to look a little bit yellow, so we had him lay in the sun for a little while today. Day 5
Little Rylan in his baby swing! Day 6
19 comments:
Congrats!! Rylan is so cute and definitely looks like he belongs in your family. Good luck with four kids, you'll do great!!
YEA!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I was so anxious to hear about everything. I'm sure you're so busy but I was happy to see you posted. I am so happy that everything went well for you. Plus I love the name and he is adorable. Great job Cherish! You are amazing!
love, jennie
Aw Cherish he is so cute! He has so much hair! I'm so glad everything went well for you and Rylan. I can't wait till I can see him and you can meet Hailey :) Give the kids hugs for me, love ya!
I'm so glad everything went well...he's BEAUTIFUL and oh my i'm so jealous of that hair:) CONGRATS again! luvs
So cute!!! That amazing dark hair once again! He's priceless. So I'm thinking that we will come up when he gets blessed...when are you planning on doing it??
I have been stalking your blog like crazy! He is so adorable. I love all the hair. I am glad that everything went good and that you are both home and healthy. I love the name Rylan too. Congratulations!!!
Congratulations, he is a cutie!
SO CUTE!! I just want to squeeze him! I can't wait to meet my newest nephew! I don't know if we'll make it up to the blessing, but let us know and we'll try!
He is sooooo cute! Goes well with your other cute cute kids!!
He is such a cutie. I love his hair. It almost makes me a little baby hungry...almost:). I feel bad that you were sick and I'm glad you're feeling better now. I will give you a call in the next day or two. Congratulations!
oh, I love the name you guys chose too. Your kids have the cutest, unique but not TOO unique names. Very cute!
Congratulations! Welcome to the world little Rylan. I'm glad everything went well. Heal fast!
Yea Cherish! I have been checking your blog every day to see how it went. What a cutie Rylan is and love the name. I can't believe all that hair. So glad you are both all right. Good luck getting back into a schedule. Congrats!
He's beautiful! What a gorgeous baby. Glad you survived!
Congrats! He is so cute! Good luck with the 4 kids :) haha should be fun!
Congratulations! I'm so glad everything went good, but i'm so sorry you had a hard time with the meds. He is so dang cute!! look at all that hair!!
Wow Cherish!! He is SOOO Cute! He has so much DARK hair. were your other kids like that? He is super super cute. Im glad everything went so well. I bet that way sucks waiting to find out how everything is with your baby while your finishing up your own surgery. CRAZY!! Congrats 4 is so much fun!! and alot to get use too
I love the hari! It looks like you guys have lots of good help! Your kids are so cute, and you look so good. I hope your recovery is going well. What a cute family :) CONGRATS!
He is super cute!! Glad everything is okay and you are recovering. He is a really pretty baby. So sweet.
Congratulations!
Post a Comment