Thursday, January 15, 2009

2 Weeks Later....

Where does the time go??? Rylan is already 2 weeks old! He had his 2 week check-up yesterday and weighed in at 8 lbs. 13 oz., so he has gained about 10 oz. since birth. He is doing great!
Jaylee, Bretten and Kaysen are adjusting to having a baby in the house and are slowly realizing what that entails. Kaysen has definitely had the hardest time adjusting to it and has had a lot of random emotional meltdowns and is having fun 'testing' mine and Jason's patience! Tonight Kaysen was falling straight back and landing on the cushions of the couch. Jason and I were telling him to stop doing it because he was barely hitting the cushion and we could see an accident waiting to happen. Well, he wanted to show us that he didn't have to listen, so he moved over a few feet and fell straight back! Only now the couch wasn't behind him, so he fell straight back into the wall and his head left a nice dent in the wall and he screamed and cried for a long time. I'm glad he didn't have a concussion, but Man- what a little stinker!
It is definitely chaos with 4 young kids, but we feel so lucky and blessed! I can definitely say that our family feels complete now. I feel like a zombie most days, but I'm surviving. As for the recovery from my c-section, I'm feeling pretty good! Out of the 4 c-sections I've had, this has by far been my easiest and best recovery, which has been a relief. I was so worried about how it was going to go with having my other kids to take care of and driving kids to and from school, getting kids fed, etc., but it has been okay! We've survived and I don't feel like I'm going crazy yet, so I think that's about all I can ask for! :) My house is in definite need of cleaning and tlc, Jason and I could definitely use some more sleep, and I would like to get to the point that I'm getting dressed and ready more than every other day, but for now, that is our life and it is GREAT!
Anyways, here are a bunch of random pictures from the last couple of weeks! Enjoy!

















13 comments:

Sara Walker said...

You both look great. He is really a cute baby.

"Q" Tips, "K"razy fun and daily "L"ife said...

wow look at all of that hair! You have a great looking family.

Sarah Jimenez said...

Cherish you have the cutest kids! Good job! I love all of Rylan's hair. Good luck with all the adjusting. I am already getting nervous for how Rylee will react to a new baby.

Taylors said...

Oh he is too cute! I love how he has his arms up in so many of the pictures. Good luck with Kaysen, I know what you're going through, Zack had a really hard time with Ella but it did finally pass and now he loves her so much. Oh, I love the hair too! Cute cute kids :)

Brenny said...

Happiness is pictures of beautiful, handsome, wonderful, snuggly Rylan on a Friday. I'm glad you are feeling good! I hope things sift and relax with the other kiddos -- especially Kaysen.

Clarissa said...

Sounds like you guys are doing GREAT, all things considered! You are one tough woman! I don't know how you do it, and I'm sure if I were in your shoes, I wouldn't be getting ready for the day every other day. It would be more like once a week, if I were lucky!! :) We love you all!!

jennie said...

Oh! He is such a cute baby! LOVE the hair! You are amazing!

Jess said...

It sounds like Kaysen's birthday couldn't come at a better time this year. Hopefully the attention he gets for his birthday will calm any "emotional meltdowns". Give him a big hug for me tomorrow.

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness, he is adorable. I remember Jaylee had tons of hair too! Lucky...we could use some hair on our babies. He is so cute, congratulations. I love his name too!

Malinda S. said...

Wow. Your baby is beautiful! No really, he's gorgeous! Perfect skin and look at all the dark hair! I don't know how you do it with four kids and after having a c-section. I hear the recovery is much much harder. You're amazing.

The Robinson's said...

Cherish he is so precious! I am happy to hear your are doing well and adjusting! You are such an amazing Mom, and I can't imagine how you do it:)

Ivy Lou said...

What a beautiful baby! It looks like the kids are having a good time under the rug! What fun! Congrats! Ivy from Vernal Moms

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous family!!! :O) Congrats as well!!!
your friend from kiz,
ourhouseofk