Thursday, September 11, 2008

My only girl!!!










Jaylee and her 'not-so-royal' brothers!



Ever since the ultrasound, Jaylee will not drop the subject of why we are having another boy. I've been trying to help her look on the upside of it by telling her she'll always get her own room, and she'll always get to have "girls day out" with me, and so on. I have to say that I am also glad that she'll have 3 little brothers to practice kicking off her, so she'll know how to handle the boys when she's older...haha! At the same time I definitely am a little sad for her because I can't imagine life without my sisters!
Anyways, the other day we had a mini girls day! We dressed her up as a princess and took some pictures. I was going to do her hair like I usually do, but she informed me she wanted a pretty princess hairstyle! We had to take some pretty pictures of her afterwards. After she was done playing princess, we went shopping for some new clothes for her (and a few maternity ones for me) and then we ate at Gandolfos, her favorite! She later told me that maybe it would be alright if she was my only girl! :) She also told me that Next Time she wanted to go get her hair done again with me (she really liked when we did that!).
I have to say that I'm very happy and lucky that I got at least one girl and am also glad that she's 100% girly!

5 comments:

Cari said...

She is such a princess! I'm so glad we have girls the same age. The other night we were getting ready for bed and It looked like Kelsi had cut her night gown. Phil and I were getting mad at her and questioning her about it. She said she didn't do it (we both knew she did) so I said who did it then, she got a mean look on her face and said Cherish did!!! Phil and I laughed for a good 20 minutes.

Sarah Jimenez said...

What a beautiful princess! Girls are a lot of fun! I am so glad my first baby was a girl- all the one-on-one and dress up time is a lot of fun! You will love having 3 boys in a row. My three little brothers are the best of friends and they always have so much fun together. And my mom says between having the three girls together and the three boys, the boys are much easier and get along a lot better.

Brenny said...

Very pretty princess and I'm sure in years to come Jaylee will think her brother are royal -- even if that means she thinks they are royal pains.

jennie said...

oh, she is such a doll! I remember the day you brought her over to my house as a little tiny baby! You have such a lovely family!

hope you are doing well!

love ya!
-jen

Sara Walker said...

So cute! -Well at least you have boys and a girl, so it didn't matter either way what this baby is. I do love girls though -but I don't have a boy experience to compare to!