We had a stressful week! After deciding to move to Vernal, we have had non-stop stress. We started to wonder if we made the right choice, and it didn't help that I'd never been there. On Monday, Jason's District Manager from the Page Wal-Mart called us with a Great counter-offer. At first we just thought there is no way we can turn this down and leave Page, but since we were already in Cedar City and planning to drive up and look at Vernal, we decided not to give any commitments until we'd had a day to think about it and give Vernal a fair shot. We went to Vernal and we were pleasantly surprised! I had no idea what a beautiful area it is. We liked the town right away...kind of a smaller hick town, but not too small! Great for raising a family! Plus, we found a great house. So, after all that, even though we are now taking a pay cut to move to Vernal, we feel like everything has fell into place to make this move possible and we can actually live in a house that is affordable and that fits our family...Page didn't have many options that way- everything is small, old, and double the price. Jason will have more time off too, and you can't put a price on more time with the family! Now we just hope that everything keeps falling into place from here. We should close on our house in Page toward the end of August, and then be able to close on our house in Vernal the next couple days after that and move in around Sept. 1. For everyone who has been wanting to see the house, here is some footage that we got. I took this with my digital camera, so I sound like I just ran a marathon because it doesn't seem like it, but I was really running around trying to hurry and film everything before my memory card was too full. The kids are sooo excited because it has stairs! I'm not looking forward to having Kaysen learning to walk with those around though, but they gotta learn sometime! I'm just glad to have a little more space. Anyways, it's been a hard decision, and I don't think we could go wrong either way: staying in Page or going to Vernal, but we think our family will have a lot more opportunities in Vernal and we can see it more as a long term place, so off we go!
Garage Door Entrance
Rest of the house!
3 comments:
BEAUTIFUL home! I am so happy for you!
I love the new house. Congratulations! I am so happy for you.
Looks like you'll finally have the room that you need for three kids! It's such a nice home!! Congrats!
Post a Comment