Sunday, March 15, 2009

Where does the time go???

I've been wanting to update my blog for weeks now (with stuff that actually has to do with our family...not coupon links and other lame information), but I've just been too busy. February cruised by!
Jason and I celebrated our 7 Year Anniversary last month. We went to eat at Golden Corral (one of the few eating establishments here in Vernal, and not our top choice, but when Rylan was born, the hospital gave us some free gift certificates for meals there, so we figured we'd use them...lol!). As we sat at the table with our 4 messy-faced kids, licking their dripping ice-cream cones, we were looking at each other like "Wow! This is what seven years of marriage is like!". And as crazy as it is, being that we can't even get out of the house alone on our anniversary, we love our life and our little family. Later that night, we got the kids in bed and watched a movie together and talked about all that the last 7 years together has been like. All our ups and downs and all that we've learned and of course our future. I love talks like these and it always makes me realize how blessed we are and how lucky I am to have such a wonderful husband.


Jason and Cherish...after 7 years!


Rylan slept in his car seat the whole time!


Jaylee and Bretten enjoying their dinner!


Kaysen enjoying his food a little too much!!!

The kids have been keeping busy with their usual stuff. Jaylee and Bretten just signed up for soccer and we are excited for that to start next month.

Kaysen is a little less emotional and is getting used to sharing the attention with Rylan. He still won't go to nursery, and if anything, has completely back-tracked on any progress we had previously made before the baby came along. Today, I couldn't even get him to step more than a foot away from me. He had one hand holding onto either my skirt or shirt at any given time. What a little stinker! We've tried several times to leave him alone for a few minutes, but he completely loses it and cries so hard that it causes a chain reaction with all the other kids, which isn't good. I really have a hard time letting him cry that hard anyways because he tends to be on the shy side in social situations, so I will continue to work with him and be there for him! :)


An emotional Kaysen!


Getting better...a not so emotional Kaysen!


Kaysen enjoying the lovely Spring weather!

Bretten LOVES baby Rylan and is probably our only child that actually enjoys having him around at this point in time. He loves to go lay down with him and snuggle and watch him and look into his eyes! It is so cute. He will give him soft little kisses and ask me if he can 'pet' the baby...lol! He always knows exactly what is going on with the baby too and will often tell me what I need to be doing to take care of him. When I cook dinner, I often lay Rylan down on our bed and turn the tv on (he seems to prefer the noise) because that way he is in another room where nobody will bounce on him or anything. When Jason walks in the door from work, he'll greet us and ask, "Where's Rylan?" and to that Bretten always responds, "He's just in your room watching TV!". It makes us laugh everytime.


Bretten and his Valentine folder from pre-school!


Jaylee has become an even bigger helper than she was before. Unlike Kaysen who likes to 'help', but really is just causing me even more work, Jaylee actually gives us constructive help. I don't know what I'd do without her most days. She loves school and loves for me to read her books. She's starting to help me with a few of the words. As far as funny stuff Jaylee has said lately, (I have to write these down now, or I'll forget about them), we were making 'breakfast' for Dinner the other night and she was pretty excited about that because she loves breakfast food. Anyways, when we cook on the grill, we make the eggs with the yolk runny in the middle, so when she sees that we have the grill out, she said, "Can you make the juicy scrambled eggs?". hmmm...juicy scrambled eggs sounds so appetizing! Kids never fail to make you laugh! Jaylee had her first bike wreck this last week too. We were trying to get ready to go and I asked Jaylee to go get her bike out of the street. She did and decided to ride it for a minute while she was at it and ended up crashing. She scratched her shoulder up pretty good and hit her head really hard (she didn't have any of her protective pads or helmet on because she wasn't suppose to be riding her bike). She had a headache the rest of the night and for the last few days has been telling everybody that she got in a 'car bike wreck!'. I don't know why she calls it that, but it alarms everybody she tells because they think she's saying a car hit her while she was on her bike, so I have to reassure them that is was just a bike crash. What a funny girl! I'm glad she was okay though and I'm sure this is only the first bike wreck of many to come...wince wince!


My sweet Jaylee! 3-9-09


Jaylee, Bretten and Kaysen having a nice lunch outside! 3-2-09


Bretten, Jaylee and Kaysen hiding from Mom. I walked into my room and the light was off and they all popped up and said "BOO!" I thought it was pretty funny!

Rylan is doing good. He still gives us some rough nights, but we don't mind. We love him to pieces! He is starting to smile more at us, but they are still not on cue enough that I can get a good picture of his smiles. Any day now though! He loves to be held and lets us know if he's not happy that we've put him down! I love holding him though and he is so sweet and cuddly.


Checking myself out in the mirror...Man I'm cute! 2-4-09


A content Rylan 2-4-09


Rylan up close! 2-4-09


Rylan and Mom! I love this little guy! 2-5-09


Sweet little angel! 2-9-09


Mom and Rylan again! 2-21-09


Sweet little Rylan in his favorite spot...his swing! 3-4-09


Peek-a-boo! 3-5-09


Just swinging! 3-6-09


Mom and Rylan...just got done eating and feeling good! 3-8-09


Rylan chillin' on the floor! 3-9-09


And just one more of sweet Rylan....I can't get enough of him! 3-14-09

I celebrated my 27th birthday! One of my best friends, Lacey, came all the way to Vernal to visit me and it was so much fun. I warned her that my life is a little crazy and with my pumping schedule interrupting every 3-4 hours, it was kind of hard to do much, but I still loved having her here for a day. She took me to lunch on my birthday and we took our kids to the park to play. The kids also had a lot of fun playing outside and riding bikes and what not while we got to visit and catch up on everything. Thanks so much for coming to see us Lacey! You made my day!
I'm sad we didn't get any pictures of us, but we did get a few of the kids!
Jason took me to pick out a new Bike (that I'm so excited about), a steam mop, and a new book (The Hunger Games, which I can't wait to read!). I also got a movie (Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken) that was a favorite of mine when I was a little girl. I made him watch it with me on the night of my birthday, because that is probably the only day I could ever get him to watch that movie with me. I can't believe he'd never seen it before. It was great fun! Here are some pictures from the day:


Maddi, Kaysen, and Bretten watching cartoons!



Bretten basking in the sun!


Rylan laying on the blanket at the park.


Rylan loving the sunshine!


Bretten making sure Rylan is doing okay!


Kaysen swinging!


Bretten swinging!


Jaylee swinging!


My 3 little monkeys!


Kaysen exploring the sand!

7 comments:

Sarah Jimenez said...

Happy Anniversary! I love all the pictures of your kids. I can't believe how grown up Jaylee is! The picture of your kids in the hampers made me laugh- priceless. You are such a great mom. I am glad you had a good birthday too!

Kristin said...

Happy Anniversary!! I didn't realize you guys were living in Vernal. Talk about middle of nowhere!!LOL-just kiddin♥ you're kids are so flippin cute:) We're going to Kanab for the 4th of July. Hope to see ya there!!

Cyndi said...

looks like you guys have been super busy, but it sounds like fun busy so thats great! Your kids are so cute, Rylan is getting so big

sloan larsen said...

sounds like a good birthday. That is so weird you got a bike, cause thats what I got too. i am very jelous about the visit from lacey ha ha ha, & I completely understand about the crazy household and pumping schedual. I can tell you handle things alot better than me haha :)

Raelene said...

Happy anniversary! Time does fly and with kids it seems to fly even faster! I love all the pics, looks like you've definitely been keeping busy. You little boy is getting so big, he is soo cute!

Heaton Family said...

Congrats on the 7 year mark! Woot Woot! haha, lots of cute pictures! Your kids are changing so much! Give them a squeeze for me. Mom told me your blessing Rylan next week, I doubt I'll be able to come :(

Sara Walker said...

Hey, saw on good reads that you are reading The Hunger Games. -Isn't it the best book ever?

-Thanks for the coupon link! I got a big pack of diapers and wipes for $4!